deliver your assessments securely
QuestBase can deliver assessments to any web browsers (including iPad and Android tablets!), but most browsers are designed to be as open and flexible as possible. When you are delivering assessments online, you may need far more security than most browsers provide. QuestBase Secure Browser is designed to provide a secure environment to deliver high stakes assessments such as tests and exams.
How Does It Work?
You can specify that a test or an exam is only delivered via QuestBase Secure Browser to significantly reduce the likelihood of cheating (for example, in a computer lab). Try to take this assessment with the browser you are currently using: you won't be able. QuestBase Secure Browser allows you to stop people from printing questions, using the right-click on the mouse, saving the HTML, viewing the source, and accidentally exiting an assessment in a proctored environment.
- Prevents users from printing or copying questions
- Prevents users from typing in their own URLs
- Prevents users from starting unauthorized applications
- Prevents users from going backwards to a previous page
- Prevents users from exiting from the exam session (even accidentally)
- Prevents users from using Virtual Machines
- Does not provide menu options or icons
- Disables control keys (for example, ALT+TAB)
- Disables right-click menu options
- Hides the HTML source
- Always displays in full screen and it’s not possible to maximize or minimize
- All communication is SSL secured via HTTPS, so that it cannot be intercepted
- Is very easy to use, it just requires the assessment PIN
- Allows users to resume a suspended or interrupted assessment
- Can be used with touch-screens too
- Can be customized with your own logo
- Quitting the application can be password-protected
- Automatically logoff or shutdown the PC after taking an assessment
How to Get It
QuestBase Secure Browser can be downloaded completely free of charge from the link below. It requires Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 9 or 10. You need a QuestBase Premium Gold account to make assessments available via QuestBase Secure Browser. Once you have downloaded and installed it, you can enter the following assessment PIN to try it: 5011-4438-8357.